Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Arcade Fire - "Neon Bible"Bloc Party - "A weekend in the city"Yellowcard - "Paper Walls"The Secret Show - "Impressionist Road Map of The West"The Killers -"Sawdust"Funeral For A Friend - "Tales don`t tell themselves"Arctic Monkeys - "Favourite Worst Nightmare"The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"The Used - "Lies for the Liars"Nine Inch Nails - "Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D" (and Year Zero)Tegan and Sara - "the Con"
Monday, November 26, 2007
1.Portal: Portal is by far the biggest surprise of 2007 and the biggest surprise in a long, long time, it`s genius, it`s weird, it freaks you out a little and it`s so much more than you`d think, because if you think Portal is senseless portal shooting, you are so wrong, it has one of the best stories in recent games, all with a simplicity other game developers could only dream of.
2.Grim Fandango: Grim Fandango may be rather old and it`s not that unusual after you get over the fact that you are working as a travel agent for the Department of Death, based on Mexican culture with amazing humour makes Grim Fandango one of the funniest adventure games in history.
3. Black and White: To be honest B&W is not that unusual nowadays because games tend to be as non-linear as possible but at it`s time it was a major development and today it`s still one of the most weird and funny "god" simulators, considered one of the most polished games. Made by Peter Molyneux B&W is so damn worth for this list.
5. F.E.A.R. : First Encounter Assault Recon is one of that things that will mark you for the rest of your life, if you are not afraid of little girls, you will be after this game, little girls have scared the crap out of me in horror movies and not only since i can remeber. This game right here is by far one of the most frightening, weird and unusual experiences you will ever encounter.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
older statistics (calculated for November and 5 or so days of October):
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
So without further bla bla, here are ten movies you should see right before you die:
Number One (1): The Good, The Bad and The Ugly : trust me, if you are about to die and have not yet seen this piece of art there is NOTHING i can say, just do it™.
2. Schindler`s List : Why would you see the biggest budget b&w movie in history right before you die? Because it`s one great movie with outsanding acting, how can other lists forget this movie? Geesh...
3. Leon : Leon is not exactly mandatory to see, but while i was documenting for this list i came across it again and i thought, hey, i should see this one AGAIN before i die.
4. Edward Scissorhands: This is a Johnny Depp movie, if you think Depp is all about PoTC go kill yourself, this is plain great, it`s weird, it`s funny, it`s something you should see right before you die.
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest : Having good knowledge about movies is like having good literature knowledge, this is the kind of movie that gives you that, i don`t know how, but this movie is weird, it`s premise sounds boring but it won`t let you go.
6. Pulp Fiction : See, this is what i`m talking about, other -movies you should see before you die- lists don`t have these movies, maybe the author thinks everybody saw them, guess again, it`s your job to make sure!
7. Forrest Gump : I`m going to pretend you have seen this movie anyway , don`t even tell me you have not.
8. Fight Club : Again, one of the recent (relative) movies that you must see, by now you are probably asking yourself why i don`t talk about the content of each movie. The answer: Humans are judgemental creatures, tell them something and they might get it wrong, humans don`t even know what they like, they think so, but they do not.
9. Back To The Future : OK, i am not insane, not yet, even though this movie isn`t something you should hang on to on your death bed, it`s just something very nice and makes you warm on the inside.
10. And last but not least, Cidade De Deus ... i ask myself why this movie, i don`t know it`s just something that opens your eyes a little, but you know, i said 10 movies, there are hundreds you should see, maybe even more, if you like those, there are more.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
All i can say is that the game will most definitely rock, i don`t know how it will play but it will ROCK, with songs over all rock eras and bands like Dire Straits, Ramones, KISS, The Who, Black Sabbath, The Police and ... `nuff said!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Artist: The Killers
Genre: indie/alternative rock
Release dates: November 10 - November 13 2007
So this new album from Las Vegas indie band The Killers is a series of re-recordings of hit songs, covers, rare songs and cool remixes. if you like quality rock music, and especially if you like The Killers you`re gonna love this new "compilation" again with British influences like covers of Dire Straits and British post-punk band Joy Division.
If you don`t know who The Killers are you should buy this album and then you`ll wanna buy the others as well, no matter what people say in our age of crappy music The Killers are a fresh breath of quality.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Allow me to explain, you don`t even have time to say FUCK, the first 15 minutes are extremely intense, a fast paced blitz fight on an huge transport ship, with dramatic ending and extremely well done visuals, voice acting and directing so to say, it`s one of the most unbelievable scenes in a game, ever, i`m not over hyped i`m serious.
The very next scene you just happen to wake up being carried to a vehicle by some sort of extremists, transported to some sort of plaza where you can hear your heartbeat, silence then held at gun point and shot with a bulled that you can actually feel, only to find that you were an important leader, fucking well done! Good gfx optimisation, beautiful dramatic score, voice acting and cinematic experience, the only downside i could notice is that sometimes the great level design and overall graphics make you stop and admire the game fact that could get you killed.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
The Android is an Open Source mobile platform, they say it`s the first fully Open Source, but whatever, Google`s information for this project gives me fucking headaches, i had to browse the web for a about an hour to find stuff i already knew about it, maybe i`m overreacting, maybe something, i don`t know but it just feels like the "Gphone" with it`s Android are just the toys of a select few, the same who are working on it. The concept is mind blowing if you think how they want you to think but how will this revolutionise so much if the whole thing is so blurry.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Sunday, November 4, 2007
"Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil" is a 3D animated TV show part of Adult Swim on Cartoon Network about the daughter of the devil. She is 21, lives in San Francisco and always criticized about her weight, and of course, she must fulfill her destiny as the Antichrist to make her dad, Satan, proud.
So the Vatican couldn't just watch and on the trail of the
Antichrist they send a team of "action-heroes" called The Special Fathers and The homicidal Special Sister. With animation reminding of the sitcom game Grim Fandango, Satan with lame sweaters, Jesus with rising DJing fame and Lucy the non-conformist average-American girl will surely get you hooked up on this one.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Friday, November 2, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Now that the longest running multi-part episode of SouthPark is out i think it would be fair to talk about the whole story of the Imaginationland episodes.
It all started with Cartman and his leprechaun and the contract with Kyle that said if the leprechaun is real Kyle will have to suck Eric`s balls, finally the leprechaun makes it`s appearance to Kyle`s surprise and warns them that a terrible thing is going to happen, so it happens that the mayor of Imaginationland comes to the boys and takes them to Imaginationland, the place where everything ever imagined comes to life, and then, just like that, terrorists begin their attack on the imagination and try to free the evil imagination forces separated only by a wall, as the leprechaun warned, on an attempt to make an escape Butters is left for dead and used as a tool to send a message to the world from the terrorists. Cartman goes to trial with Kyle and the judge agrees that Kyle has to suck his balls, the government brings up their ImaginationGate and conclude that they should nuke but then the council of nine puts on a plan to defeat the evil forces, the council consisting of Jesus, Luke Skywalker, Gandalf, Popeye and more including that Asshole talking lion from Narnia.